Things You Should Know About The New Chat Lock Feature In Meta’s WhatsApp!
On Monday, Mark Zuckerberg, the CEO and Founder of Meta announced that they are all set to introduce the users to the new feature of Chat Lock in WhatsApp. This has been done to ensure that the intimate and personal conversations of the users are kept even more private.
WhatsApp’s locking feature moves a chat thread out of your inbox and into a safe location that you can access only with the password of your device or a biometric like your fingerprint. It also hides the content of that discussion from alerts automatically.
Here are some of the things that you need to know about the new Chat Lock feature on the platform:
1. By pressing the name of a one-to-one or group conversation and choosing the lock option, a user can lock a chat. Users of the new app update on both Android and iOS devices will have access to the feature.
2. According to Meta, this new lock feature enables you to password protect your most private discussions and keeps them safe in a different folder. The sender’s name and the message’s content are obscured when you receive a message when the chat is locked.
3. When a WhatsApp discussion is “locked,” the user can move the conversation thread out of their inbox and into its own folder. This is similar to what happens when you archive a particular chat. Additionally, it automatically hides that chat’s content from notifications.
4. Additionally, there is a no message preview policy that ensures that your messages can be private even when they pop up on the notification bar.
5. Only a person’s device password or biometric authentication, such as a fingerprint, can be used to access a locked conversation. According to Meta, having the option to lock a chat will be quite helpful for people who occasionally share their phones with family members.
The Chat Lock feature currently only has a few features, but most users should be able to make use of them. But Meta has made it plain that they intend to provide further features and choices down the road.
Get More Update About Social Media :