What Are The Different Types Of US Work Visa?
If you are dealing with your business abroad, you will find the U.S as your prime expansion opportunity. You need a US work visa to work in the U.S. Whether you are an investor or a potential employee, or an international corporation, a work visa will be your first preference to work abroad.
Are you confused about the work visas and having difficulty selecting your perfect work visa for the U.S?
We are here to assist you, and after reading this article, you will be able to select your work-related visa properly. You can also find support from The US Visa Company to get your preferred visa without trouble.
Types Of U.S Work Visa
We have a solution for you who are on business immigration and who are in search of temporary visas. You can consult with your business immigration attorney to let you understand the process better.
1. Temporary Non-Immigrant Visa
These types of visas are for the people who are looking forward to working in the U.S for a certain period of time. In this case, you need to file a petition to the ‘U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).’
And you still need to apply for the visa. Type of visas in this category are –
- H Visa: This visa is for the people who are willing to have a specific experience in some field or in their academic field.
- I visa: Any eligible member of the foreign press, for instance, film crew, reporter, or editor, is eligible for this type of visa.
- L Visa: This is for the people who are temporarily transferred to the U.S in their existing workplace outlet.
- O Visa: O visa for those who have some extraordinary abilities or achievements available in their industry.
- R Visa: This is for non-immigrant religious workers.
- P Visa: Those with athletic and artistic endeavors can perform this visa for their temporary tour to the U.S.
2. Visa For Permanent (Immigrant) Workers
These types of visas will be helpful for you if you want to be a permanent resident in the U.S. Here we will suggest five visas that are typically employee based.
- EB-1: If you have any extraordinary ability as a business professional, researcher, scientist, or artist, you will be able to avail this visa easily.
- EB-2: If you can prove that your contributions are associated with national interest or if you have more than ten years of academic experience, you are eligible for this visa.
- EB-3: All the unskilled and skilled workers who get the offer to visit the U.S permanently to avail their jobs can get this visa.
- EB-4: Retired employees of international organizations and religious workers are eligible to take this kind of visa and visit the U.S.
- EB-5: If you are an investor and want to invest more than 1.8 million USD, you will certainly be eligible for this kind of visa.
You will also be able to avail EB-5 visa if you invest 900,000 USD in a new commercial venture. Consider a business immigration attorney, and he will guide you through.
3. Temporary Visit For Business
If you are up to a very short-term visiting purpose to the U.S, here are a few visas that you could avail yourself of for your work.
- B1 visa: These kinds of visas are given to the people who are visiting the U.S. for a very short time. Considering up to 6 months B1 visa can help you with your short-term business.
- “Gb Temporary Visitor To Guam”: This particular visa is for the U.S territories of Northern Mariana Island and Guam. You might have to travel to such places for your business purposes. Keep in mind that you will have only 45 days to return.
To Wrap Up
To wrap things up, we have maintained all the relatable visas that you need to visit in the U.S for work purposes. If you want to work properly and without hesitation, you might consider hiring a business immigration attorney for all your legislative visa issues.
We hope we could offer an adequate amount of information through this article. However, if you feel like we’ve missed out on something, don’t forget to comment below. We’ll incorporate the same in our article next time.
You May Also Like
October 19, 2021
September 23, 2022