Limited resources, less time, and fast results!
The above three terms perfectly define and sum up what start-ups are all about.
There is no doubt that they have changed the business landscape and ecosystem with their innovative out-of-the-box thinking, promoting a heady working culture and encouraging multi-tasking professionals!
Start-ups work within certain challenges. They suffer from financial constraints and want growth strategies that do not involve investing a ton of money. At the same time, they want to push for dynamic growth and scalability.
With start-ups leveraging search engines, social media marketing, and other digital platforms for their operation and success, Search Engine Optimization should be an obvious online strategy they should be looking at.
In this article, we will be exploring and discussing SEO for Start-Ups. Specifically, we will focus on seven SEO strategies that can drive real success and growth for start-ups.
Reasons Start-Ups Should Pursue SEO Strategies
In this section, we are going to briefly list down some credible reasons why start-ups should pursue SEO strategies-
- First things first. SEO does not blow a hole in your bank’s current account. It is a fairly affordable and cost-effective strategy that can be pursued even by the most bootstrapped start-ups ever.
- Secondly, SEO is one of the most robust marketing strategies that help in optimizing every aspect of the sales and marketing funnel. It allows you to target the customer at every step of the buyer’s journey.
- Thirdly, you get tons of free organic traffic that is stable and natural in nature if you start ranking. This means that you are not paying for repeat traffic for your SEO strategies and efforts.
- Fourthly, if done in the right fashion, successful SEO strategies start working almost in autopilot mode. Your articles continue to rank, people, keep linking organically to them, and so on.
- Fifthly, SEO helps shed a ton of light on what your competitors are doing. When you are looking at SEO strategies, you can know exactly what your competitors are doing and what they are targeting. This means learning is easy and fast.
Start-ups should concentrate on hiring the best Atlanta SEO agency rather than think about setting up their own teams. The former is a better, cost-effective, and result-oriented approach to excelling at SEO.
List of 7 SEO Strategies for Start-Ups that Guarantee Growth
1. Focus on On-Page SEO Optimizations-
Start-ups need to understand that before they can proceed to guest posting and link building, they need to first work on optimizing their own websites.
This means everything from installing an SSL certificate to improving page loading speeds, adjusting URL structures, title tags, and page descriptions. Most of the factors mentioned are strong Google Ranking Factors.
2. Set up a Solid Keyword Foundation-
Once you are done with On-Page optimizations, you need to identify the terms, words, and phrases that are going to define your business, industry, ecosystem, and niche.
These are wording that people are using to search for products or services as is offered by your brand. Without the best keyword research strategy, you will not be able to make much SEO headway.
3. Building high-quality links for your website-
Every successful SEO will probably tell you that success in SEO is all about building high-quality links. They will say that 75% of all SEO is link building.
As a start-up, link building allows you to tap into potential target audiences, grow SEO metrics, improve SERPs, as well as drive traffic to your website. It also helps in building credibility for the new business.
4. Local SEO taps into potential consumers in your region-
Every start-up needs to ensure that it is first targeting the local population in areas where the business is based. This is growing to help you with initial sales and awareness.
Start a Google My Business (GMB) page and ensure that it is updated with your brand’s relevant information. Try to make a presence on listing sites like Yelp as well. This will help in boosting discovery.
5. Focus on the UI and UX of your business website-
Creating a stellar UI and UX optimized brand website can help your customers. It also works as a positive ranking signal that reduces bounce rates and increases engagement.
The more time the users spend on the website, the better it is for your start-up. Your start-up website is your identity and you need to make sure that it is set up best in terms of design and development.
6. Create high-quality content that appeals to search intent-
If you want to invest money in the best possible fashion, make sure that you are creating high-value content. This includes long-format content, that should be going on your blogs, as well as for guest posting purposes.
You can also look at creating images, videos, and infographics that are engaging, drive purposeful traffic and play a major role in building credibility.
7. Track, monitor, and measure your SEO efforts and progress-
As a start-up, you know the importance of good data. When it comes to SEO, you can have an idea of what works, what needs improvement, and which strategies should be abandoned altogether.
Make sure that you are paying attention to SEO reports that are submitted by the agency. Try to spot improvements, trends, and challenges. This will help with online success.
The Bottom Line
Most start-ups are price-conscious when it comes to making SEO investments. They are more obliged to pay attention to social media and paid marketing channels.
However, the investments are far too huge and not organic in nature. In other words, when your AdWords budget exhausts, your traffic, queries, and sales dip automatically. With SEO, this is not the case.
You are looking at long-term organic growth and progress. Additionally, you do not have to wait for an eternity to start seeing results. Make sure that you get a defined timeline from the agency when it comes to expectations and results.
If you have any other questions on Start-up SEO that we can help you with, please reach out to us in the comments below.