Content marketing is much more than a fancy marketing term. It is a marketing strategy that is really popular for its hugely effective character. The content-strategist of most of the big brands consider content marketing as the key marketing tactics. As per a study by a reputed content marketing institute, 86% of B2C marketers from across the globe use content marketing, and 55% are thinking of spending more on content marketing.
When you are considering marketing directly to your customers, you have to consider content optimization at its best. It does not matter. Whether you are doing the marketing job through your online store, corporate site, or your blog, you can not skip content marketing.
Here I will clear some of the questions that are wandering in your head.
- What is B2C content marketing?
- What are the goals of B2C content marketing?
- How is B2C content marketing different from B2B content marketing?
- What are the top B2C content marketing strategies?
- 1 What Is B2C Content Marketing?
- 2 Goals Of B2C Content Marketing
- 3 The Difference Between B2B And B2C Marketing
- 4 Top Content Marketing Strategies For B2C Industry
- 5 Concluding Tips
What Is B2C Content Marketing?
B2C stands for business to consumer. B2C content marketing includes the practices and best methods of promoting products and also services among the consumers by using engaging pieces of content. A study says that 37% of marketers think that for generating leads, building relationships, and increasing sales, this B2C content marketing services play a huge part. It is different for B2b or Business to Business content marketing.
Goals Of B2C Content Marketing
Here are the goals that B2C marketing approaches,
- Raising brand awareness.
- Generating more leads.
- Increasing engagement.
- Creating customer preachers.
- Enhancing customer loyalty, retention, and lifetime value.
- Driving more sales.
The Difference Between B2B And B2C Marketing
There is a thin line between B2B and B2C content marketing. Suppose you consider the marketing strategies of both B2B and B2C, you will find the difference more clearly. However, both B2B and B2C content marketing serve the purpose of developing brand awareness between the consumers and ultimately increase sales. At present, the techniques and methods of both differ from one another.
The difference lies in the type of buyers, target market, purchase, sales cycle. Here are the key differences between B2B and B2C content marketing.
- Though the overall market seems uniform, the market for B2B and B2C are different. So, it is clear that the tactics of them will also be different.
- Now come to the buying decision process. While the B2B buying decision process is more complex and involves several vendors, and requires time, the B2C buying decisions are less involving and are short-term, impulsive, and singular as well.
- When we think about the total cost, the difference is too clear to develop any misconception. The cost of selling to a business is higher than selling to a consumer.
- The main intention of B2B content marketing is to convert the contacts into prospects and also eventually to buyers. On the other hand B2C, content marketing is for selling the brand.
Top Content Marketing Strategies For B2C Industry
As we know, content is the kind, so we have to consider some really effective B2C content marketing strategies in order to bring our products and services in front of our target consumers. Here are some really efficient B2C content marketing strategies.
1. Connect With Prospects In A Humanly Way
The main idea behind this is understanding the pain points that your consumers are experiencing. I believe that you are really serious about building a relationship with your prospects. So, the first thing that you need to consider is they are human beings. Do not think of them as an ATM that will only dispense cash for your services or products.
Whether you are working on a blog or on social media content, try to represent the authentic voice that your company and brand have. Here content is really too vital for building a relationship. Interact with them humanly. When you are sharing your story or helping them with handling their frustration, make sure you are behaving or communicating in a human way.
2. Develop Meaningful Content To Convert
Being in a content marketing business, you may have heard a specific term the millionth time. And that is “Content is the King.” Well, it is true. A piece of content has the power to convey any message to your consumers. And if you are considering the SEO or search engine optimization part, there is no match for it. Relative and engaging quality content is really effective in order to attract your consumer’s eye.
And for doing this, you first need to get an idea about what your consumers are looking for. Make sure while focusing on promoting your product or services, you do not forget to put light on the quality of the content. You obviously will not want your consumers to fall asleep while reading your content. So, be a bit more attentive, whether or not you are implementing it.
3. Make Sure Your Omni Channel Presence Is Mobile Friendly
The ultimate of all these B2C content marketing strategies are getting access to more consumers. In order to develop brand awareness or making the people aware of your products and services. And in this age of digitalization, the internet is the way to come in from consumers across the whole world.
And for doing this, search engine optimization or SEO is really important. As per the latest SEO ranking factors of content-optimization, the mobile visibility of your website has become an important factor. Google also checks whether your omnichannel presence has any mobile visibility or not. You also make sure that your website has the type of content that is suitable for the smaller screens of mobiles.
Online shopping is very present and will also be the future. So, it is really important for the B2C industry to consider content marketing as one of their marketing trends with high importance. You can consider the Content strategies that are discussed above. Developing an effective and strong bond with the consumers is too important to be avoided. And content marketing has several aspects of fulfilling this.