Beyond the Light: Exploring Amazon’s Dark Mode Features You Didn’t Know Existed
Amazon is one of the largest e-commerce businesses across the globe. This website is well-known in terms of short-term delivery products and selling anything consumers want to get. Not only that but if you want to sell books on Amazon then also it could be possible!
Whether looking for a TV fridge or even bigger products, Amazon is one of the most convenient sites where users spend much time staring at the bright and white screen. Did you know this brighter screen is not very beneficial to use every time?
After estimating the fact that this has been seen, U.S. people spend more time on Amazon while visiting the top 10 retailers. This is one of the most common facts: consumers face many issues while browsing Amazon from their smart devices.
That is why browsing Amazon from the desktop is pretty much normal, which should be adhered to by the large section of Amazon customers. In this article, I am going to discuss exploring Amazon’s dark mode features and the benefits of Amazon’s dark mode features.
Read below to continue…
How To Enable The Dark Mode Feature In Amazon
There doesn’t have any built-in dark-mode control feature in the Amazon application. Depending on your device’s operating system, you might also need to enable the developer mode on your phone. Below, I will discuss how to enable dark mode features in Amazon on multiple applications and browsers.
1) Enable Amazon Dark Mode On The Chrome Browser
If you are using the web version of Amazon, follow these steps to turn on the Amazon dark theme.
The steps are:
- First, you have to open the Chrome Browser and then install the Dark Reader Extension. This extension is only available on the web store of Chrome.
- After that, install Amazon, and then you will see that your open tabs will appear in the dark Reader.
- After finishing the installation, click on the Dark Reader extension icon. After that, you have to turn it off. You will get an option on the filter, which is “Dark.” select this.
- After making the changes, you have to visit the Amazon.com website. Then, you can use the dark interface on Amazon from the browser.
That’s It! This means if you are getting complicated over this process, you just use the Dark Reader Chrome extension, which helps you enable the Dark Mode on Amazon. On the other hand, you must be surprised that you will be getting options to schedule the Dark Mode on Google Chrome.
2) Enabling Dark Mode Feature In Amazon On Firefox Browser
While you are using Firefox browser to use Amazon, you must follow these steps to enable the dark mode feature:
- First, open the Firefox browser on your desktop
- Then click on the settings gear icon, which is in the top-right corner
- After that, on the menu, there appears next, and then select “Manage More settings.”
- Then click on “Extensions and Themes.”
- You will get an option to enable the dark Mode under the ‘Saved Theme’ options.
This way, you can enable dark Mode on your Firefox browser. Once you finish this process, you can open Amazon.com.
So, if you have been wondering how to enable the dark Mode of Amazon in the Firefox browser, you can do this without any add-ons.
3) Turning On Amazon Dark Mode On Android
Turning on Amazon dark theme on Android is one of the most beneficial things. People nowadays are usually used to Android devices while they are using Amazon. But if you are disturbed in terms of using the white screen on Amazon for so long, or if your eyes get strained in a white background on
Amazon, then follow these steps to enable turn on dark Mode:
- First, open your Android App drawer and then click on the option “Settings.”
- After that, scroll down and click on “About Device.”
- Then click on “Build Number” multiple times.
- In this way, you will be able to unlock developer options. Then, you must scroll down and click the ‘Hardware Accelerated Rendering’ option.
- After that, enable the option, which is ‘Override Force-Dark.’
- Press the back switch to navigate to the home screen and press on the Amazon application for so long.
- Now select the option “App Info.”
- Then, you will get an option named “Force Stop.”
- After that, once you’re done, click on “Dark Interface of the Amazon application.”
This way, you can easily enable the dark Mode in Amazon on your Android operating system.
After I have discussed enabling Amazon’s dark switch in multiple devices and browsers. Now it’s time to discuss the advantages and disadvantages of using dark Mode on Amazon.
The Pros And Cons Of Amazon Dark Mode
In recent times, people are already aware of white screens. That is why they tend to look for dark Mode. But do you know dark Mode on Amazon not only has advantages but also has some disadvantages? Below, I will discuss the pros and cons of dark Mode on Amazon.
- Dark Mode on any screen means this is better regarding low-light settings. Suppose you are looking for the best deals on Amazon at midnight and finding the best products, then dark Mode is one of the best options. In this way, you won’t have to awaken your partner or even if you are in a public place. Also, you can browse the whole night without disturbing any people.
- If you use dark Mode in Amazon, your phone will have fewer’ blue light’ emissions. Thus, it will keep you awake and you won’t feel sleepy.
- Dark Mode will help reduce eye strain and dryness in your eyes in these conditions.
- Dark Mode is not always better because text can appear to wash out, increasing eye fatigue.
- While you are reading any long-form text on Amazon, it might be challenging for you.
- If you are using an older device, then DarkMode won’t help you out in terms of decreasing battery life. In this case, you have required an OLED screen.
In The End
This article discussed everything about exploring the Amazon dark theme above. Dark Mode, although, is not officially available on Amazon, and that is why we have to rely on extensions. Yes! This is right; extensions can hamper the functions and activities of a webpage.
Even when this happens, it might fail to load certain images. In this case, you can disable the extension, and then you would be able to reload the webpage again to enable the dark Mode in Amazon. Thank you for reading till the end.