Soundtrack Tweaks: Mastering The Art Of Canceling Spotify Premium And Changing Your Username
Over the last few weeks, people have been wondering how to cancel Spotify premium subscription. A legendary musician on Spotify took the exception of the popular podcaster. In 2020 Neil Young publicly accused a famous personality, Joe Rogan, of spreading misinformation regarding COVID-19 on his podcast.
After receiving so many requests to include Rogan’s music, listeners were getting happier. Unlike in previous times, many listeners and users were angered regarding the loss of this young musician. However, at that time, Twitter users reported that Spotify shut down temporarily due to overwhelming requests.
This didn’t just happen to Spotify Premium; multiple issues were raised over Spotify Pie. On this music listening platform, users can find various genres of music along with their favorite podcasts.
How To Cancel Spotify Premium?
If you want to cancel your Spotify paid subscription plan, you can do this through the Spotify website or iTunes. This depends on how you signed up. Below, I am going to discuss how to cancel Spotify Premium.
Through The Spotify Website
One of the simplest ways to cancel Spotify Premium is by using the website. In this case, you must follow some simple steps to cancel Spotify Premium. The following steps are such as:
- First, navigate to the Spotify Account page.
- Then click on the button named “Your Plan.”
- Then, choose the option named “Change Plan.”
- After that, press the option “Cancel Premium.”
- You must confirm if you want to cancel your Spotify Premium Subscription.
If you have been using the Spotify website through Apple iTunes, follow the steps below to cancel the Spotify subscription.
- First, navigate to iTunes.
- Next, from the menu bar, which is at the top of the iTunes window, choose the option called “Account.”
- Then select an option called “View My Account,” you might have to sign in using your Apple ID
- and click on the option “View Account.”
- After that, scroll down to the options called “Settings.”
- Next, press on the options Manage and look for Spotify Premium.
- Press on the options named “Edit.”
- Lastly, to cancel the subscription, click on the option called “Cancel.”
How To Delete Your Spotify Account?
If you are using Spotify Palette, you might need clarification on how to delete this account. Below, I will discuss the steps to delete your Spotify account, even if you are using a Spotify Palette profile.
You will lose access to your information if you search for multiple ways to delete your Spotify account. If you have any favorite songs or playlists, you won’t get access to them after deleting your Spotify account. Furthermore, you can’t recover them.
While deleting your Spotify account, you will lose all the benefits of Premium. If you have an active subscription plan, it would not be applicable. In addition, you have to contact Customer Support to arrange a refund for the rest of your subscription period. On the other hand, you will also be able to delete an account with a Spotify Premium account with the assistance of the Customer Support system. This process is similar to Apple Music.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to delete your Spotify account such as:
- First, you have to navigate to Spotify’s support page.
- Then click on the tab.
- Secondly, press the option ‘I want to close my account.’
- Lastly, permanently delete your Spotify account by clicking “Cancel.”
After you can delete your account, you will receive a reactivation link through email. Then, you can use that link to reopen your account if further change is required. In this case, when the system deactivates the link after seven days, all your data will not be accessible.
How To Cancel Spotify Premium On Mobile Application?
How can you cancel Spotify Premium on an Android or iPhone mobile app? Then Yes! Here is some good news. Below, I will discuss how to cancel Spotify Premium on the Mobile app.
- First, you have to open an app on your phone.
- Then log into the paid account.
- Click on the options named ‘settings’ icon in the upper right corner.
- Next, click on the option “Premium Plan.” Then, you have to click on “Premium Individual.”
- In this window, you will be getting details about your current Spotify plan
- Next, press the option “See Other Plans” at the bottom.
- Then, you will get an option called “Change your Plan.”
- At this time, Spotify shows you a plan where you can switch to.
- After that, you have to scroll down and click on the option called “Cancel Premium.”
- Simultaneously, you have to follow multiple notices where you can confirm your cancellation.
As I have already discussed, how do you cancel a Spotify subscription? Now, let’s talk about the considerations before you cancel Spotify.
Several Considerations Before You Cancel Spotify
When it comes to online streaming services, you can access a vast media library conveniently. Below, I am going to discuss multiple considerations before you cancel Spotify.
- Firstly, you don’t have to pay any charge if you cancel Spotify. On the other hand, there is also no refund or cashback. However, you will still get access to Spotify Premium for the remainder of the subscription period.
- Secondly, if you have decided to cancel in hopes, then make sure you get the money you already paid back. In this case, the only way you can get a refund is by deleting your account completely with the assistance of Customer support. This is the same as the Spotify iceberg.
I have already discussed how to cancel Spotify Premium in this article. It might happen for several reasons when it is about canceling a Spotify subscription. I have discussed multiple ways to close your Spotify Premium on the phone app, webpage, or Apple iTunes.
If your next billing date is a few days or weeks away, you will have continuous access to your premium account. If you cannot see any option to change your plan, you can get access to your premium account. I hope you liked this article. If you have queries, then please comment below!
Learn More About: